Lose Two Inches in Just Three Weeks!
(aka How to lose 1000 pounds overnight)
I recently decided to splurge on one of the new 2011 MacBook Pros, and am very glad I did. My 2007 MBP has served me well and I’ve been very pleased with it’s performance over the years, but there were a few reasons why I thought I could justify ditching the older model:
- it was out of warranty;
- the fans were coming on more frequently with daily work;
- the battery was only lasting a paltry 2-3 hours (after 2 replacements);
- it was feeling a bit heavy for carrying to work every day;
- the 15” screen was feeling like overkill;
- it was taking too much room in my bag.
It might seem a bit flamboyant, but I was spending about 12 hours a day on my MBP. I was carrying it to and from work 4-5 days a week. I was carting it about the house in the evening, having to find the charger, trying to keep it cool.
It was just becoming a lot less fun.
So I did my research, got the finances in order and then went ahead and purchased the new 13” Core-i5 2011 MBP.
I’m now under warranty again and have a machine that can cope with my workload, and yet is not too heavy a load for me to use or carry about. I was concerned about losing the screen resolution, but it hasn’t been too bad so far (especially as I’m working attached to a monitor during the working day).